25 Apr 2010

Exhaust and tramps, just what I need.

I've been trying to write this blog post for about three hours now. And you wouldn't believe all the shit that I've come out with. I've come to the conclusion that when I'm full of cold, sleep deprived, and not in the best of moods in general, it's best to just not try with writing.
There you go, a nice happy start to my blog as always! Well, a nap and 10 squares of chocolate since I first tried to conquer this - I've decided that the best way forward, is just to keep trying.
But I don't think I'm alone. Facebook statuses and fed up housemates also tells me that I'm not the only one suffering from a lack of motivation at the minute.
But after spending all day wondering where I can look to for inspiration, I've come to the conclusion, that the answer to it, along with many other problems in life, would be solved by London. Now I've written previous blog posts about my love of the capital. However, I really think that it's the perfect place for inspiration. I know that, right now, if I was there, I'd take my mini laptop (Trevor), walk around for ten minutes, and my head would be swarming with ideas.
That's all it would take, I'm certain of it. Yet I'm stuck with the still view of a few back gardens. No wonder my mind's blank.
Can you think of anything better than watching people angrily rushing by... workers inhaling a sandwich on their lunch break whilst balancing a book in their laps to look intellectual... or homeless buskers with their dogs, being ignored?
If I knew a writer that lived in London and was suffering from writer's block - I wouldn't believe them.
But when resources are limited, and surroundings are dull - what can possibly inspire you? If nothing in life really changes..... well, there's nothing to write about. 
The reason that I'm certain that London would do the trick, or even any big city, for that matter, is because of the people. Cities attract the best range of people. Five minutes of sitting on a bench, and simply watching. That's all it would take. And I know I could write a dissertation's worth of words... Someone take me to London, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment